For more information: amsallegheny.wordpress.com
The Spring 2021 Meeting of the Allegheny Chapter of the American Musicological Society will be held on Saturday, April 17, 2021 via Zoom.
Presenters are invited to submit a proposal for individual papers, video presentations lecture-recitals, seminar panels, or other presentation formats on any subject of musicological interest.
An abstract of max. 350 words for all proposal types, along with the proposed title should be submitted by Monday, March 1st. Please identify proposal type in submission.
We encourage proposal submissions for a number of scholarly presentation formats. In accordance with AMS policies, please follow these guidelines:
- Individual papers should be no longer than 20 minutes with 10 minutes of discussion.
- “Lightning” sessions consist of individual 8-10 minute talks with additional discussion or media. Entire session will fill a one-hour slot.
- Video presentation abstracts should include information on the goals and format of the presentation. Additional guidelines will be distributed with acceptance.
- Seminar panels will distribute written papers ahead of the conference and include extended discussion of the topic. See AMS Seminar FAQ for additional information on proposing a topic and why to choose this format: https://www.amsmusicology.org/page/MinneapolisSeminarFAQ
- Additional formats (virtual workshops, roundtables, lecture-recitals) should fill an hour and 20 minute slot. Please identify session format, viability for virtual presentation/participation, musicological significance, and participant roles in the abstract.
Please submit abstracts for both individual proposals and alternative sessions to: woller001 -at- gannon.edu
All submissions will be evaluated by a blind peer-review process, and those from a committee member’s immediate colleagues or students will not be forwarded by the chair to that member.
Program Committee Chair
Director of Liberal Studies & Assistant Professor of Fine Arts
School of Communication and the Arts
woller001 -at- gannon.edu