Non-NU Email

MA RITUAL CHANT AND SONG - APPLICATIONS OPEN, SCHOLARSHIPS AVAILABLE
Irish World Academy of Music and Dance, University of Limerick

We are pleased to invite applications for a one-year MA in Ritual Chant and
Song at the University of Limerick (Ireland). This year we will be offering
a "blended" delivery of the programme, with the choice to study online or
in person (restrictions permitting).  Western plainchant is the core chant
repertoire studied, and the programme has close connections with Glenstal
Abbey, a local Benedictine monastery. Students have the opportunity to
learn chant with internationally renowned professional early music
performers, and vocal study is contextualized by seminars in palaeography,
liturgy, medieval history, ritual studies and ethnomusicology.  Students
may choose to work towards a final performance, a final dissertation, or
both.

For further information, see
https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__www.irishworldacademy.ie_programmes_postgraduate_ma-2Dritual-2Dchant-2Dand-2Dsong_&d=DwIBaQ&c=Cu5g146wZdoqVuKpTNsYHeFX_rg6kWhlkLF8Eft-wwo&r=PHu0YcldevQqIedM86l0iexbqE-AeZLl-lupNToNx6I&m=5brzYEbwiqIyQJUqVv-qsaJeWsdAHBGfgyb8hXHTFZs&s=ezeIMSjVHbeCSxZ0ILWFvH_xIg_7kAY8Kxlt1yUJmf4&e=
or contact the current course director, Prof. Helen Phelan (Helen.Phelan
-at- ul.ie).

SCHOLARSHIPS:
A number of competitive Stepping Stones Scholarships are available to
students on our taught MA programmes:
https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__www.irishworldacademy.ie_about_scholarships_&d=DwIBaQ&c=Cu5g146wZdoqVuKpTNsYHeFX_rg6kWhlkLF8Eft-wwo&r=PHu0YcldevQqIedM86l0iexbqE-AeZLl-lupNToNx6I&m=5brzYEbwiqIyQJUqVv-qsaJeWsdAHBGfgyb8hXHTFZs&s=r_G2hXFe_6PZ0tJ0_a2_E8UtPR5Xgigtd8SQquvUf-w&e=  The closing date for
the Stepping Stones Scholarships for Non-EU students is 4pm, Thursday 25th
February 2021. N.B. Applicants must have been offered a place on MA by the
time of submitting the scholarship application.