Non-NU Email

"Disruption. Action. Change: Creating a More Just and Equitable Arts
Ecosystem" is a three-part online series where five performing arts
change-makers will discuss the role of disruption as an essential force in
pursuit of a more just and equitable arts ecosystem. The series, aimed at
the next generation of arts leaders (students and young professionals) and
those interested in American music organizations, centers the notion that
upending existing organizational policy, bias, and protocols are vital to
the future of the performing arts as we know it.

This collaboration between The Eastman School of Music’s Paul R. Judy
Center for Innovation & Research and the University of Michigan School of
Music, Theatre & Dance’s EXCEL Lab will feature:
- Blog posts authored by each of the five guests
- Three live Zoom sessions, each featuring conversation and Q&A with our
guests
- A summative podcast episode produced by Classically Black

Session 1 (Thursday March 11, 2021 at 4:30PM EST): Ashleigh Gordon (Castle
of Our Skins) and Margaret Lioi (Chamber Music America) — Disrupting
Traditional Organizational Practice and Taking Risks to Advance
ADEI/Anti-racism Policies

Session 2 (Thursday March 18, 2021 at 4:30PM EST): Garrett McQueen
(Trilloquy) and Joel Thompson (composer) — Making and Spreading Art that
Advocates for Change

Session 3 (Thursday March 25, 2021 at 4:30PM EST): Antonio C. Cuyler
(Florida State University/University of Michigan) — Disrupting Performance
Practice Traditions and Subverting Stereotypes of the Stage.

Series Wrap-up Podcast with Classically Black Podcast, featuring Dalanie
Harris and Katie Brown (will drop on Monday April 5, 2021).

For more information and registration details, visit
iml.esm.rochester.edu/DAC  <https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__iml.esm.rochester.edu_DAC&d=DwIFaQ&c=Cu5g146wZdoqVuKpTNsYHeFX_rg6kWhlkLF8Eft-wwo&r=PHu0YcldevQqIedM86l0iexbqE-AeZLl-lupNToNx6I&m=qaChAQkFdR2t1NlH0LPCJfpYpMvFEceVv4DeocIUnuw&s=srqLFWF8Uc9jB-SnAOejMhb2nmcerfCRjoU3_6YU_4k&e= >