Non-NU Email

*CONTEXT*: Journal of Music Research is published by the Melbourne
Conservatorium of Music, the University of Melbourne, and is edited by a
committee of staff and postgraduate research students.

Now in its thirty-first year, *CONTEXT* publishes research articles, book
reviews, edited interviews with composers and research project reports.
*CONTEXT* is a fully-refereed, DIISR-approved journal, dedicated to
publishing research of the highest quality from all sources, but is
especially keen to assist publication of work by early-career academics and
postgraduate students.

*CONTEXT* is pleased to announce the release of Issue 46, available online,
along with all previous issues, at
https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__contextjournal.music.unimelb.edu.au_no-2D46-2D2020_&d=DwIFaQ&c=Cu5g146wZdoqVuKpTNsYHeFX_rg6kWhlkLF8Eft-wwo&r=PHu0YcldevQqIedM86l0iexbqE-AeZLl-lupNToNx6I&m=OIKLxUCY1WW-uQfRKRxKhQtullk-xt6ZyOciafhx_0I&s=XLcN8IiffUuUbDc4zjF-rzLe5VGleKIv18YRsomK8u4&e=

Articles:
John Whiteoak. Investigating ‘Improvisatory Music’ in Australia before Jazz
through the Trove Digitised Australian Newspaper Database

Özgecan Karadağlı. Western Performing Arts in the Late Ottoman Empire:
Accommodation and Formation

Maria Mannone and Federico Favali. Musical Form and Architectural
Structure: Some Considerations on *Qwalala*

David R.M. Irving and Alan Maddox. Towards a Reflexive Paradigm for the
Study of Musics in Australian Colonial Societies (1788–1900)

Composer Interview:
Philip Eames. A Collage of Remembrance: An Interview with Paul Stanhope

Reviews:
Thomas A. Cressy. Denis Collins, Kerry Murphy and Samantha Owens, eds. *J.S.
Bach in Australia: Studies in Reception and Performance*

Emma Townsend. Suzanne Robinson. *Peggy Glanville-Hicks: Composer and
Critic*

Sophie Boyd-Hurrell. Michael Hooper. *Australian Music and Modernism,
1960–1975*

Thalia Laughlin. Federico Lazzaro. *Écoles de Paris en Musique 1920–1950 :
Identités, Nationalisme, Cosmopolitisme [Parisian Schools in Music
1920–1950: Identities, Nationalism, Cosmopolitanism]*

Michelle Meinhart. Sarah Collins. *Lateness and Modernism: Untimely Ideas
about Music, Literature and Politics in Interwar Britain*

For more information: https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__contextjournal.music.unimelb.edu.au&d=DwIFaQ&c=Cu5g146wZdoqVuKpTNsYHeFX_rg6kWhlkLF8Eft-wwo&r=PHu0YcldevQqIedM86l0iexbqE-AeZLl-lupNToNx6I&m=OIKLxUCY1WW-uQfRKRxKhQtullk-xt6ZyOciafhx_0I&s=Yo3RTIdvLU_FanbsliiZ0j-S4w1_KoQDMUpdZyYqlQ4&e=