Non-NU Email

I am pleased to announce the launch of Season 2 of the podcast Sound
Expertise, which features interviews with music scholars about their
research, and why it matters. Hosted by musicologist Will Robin, each
episode of Sound Expertise spotlights the research of a different scholar
through a longform conversation, designed to educate the general public
about musicology as well as frame new ideas in the field in an alternative
format to traditional scholarship.

The first episode of Season 2, which began on March 23, features an
interview with Susan McClary about her wide-ranging career as a
musicologist. Future episodes, which are published weekly on Tuesdays, will
focus on topics including Black women musicians in the Civil Rights
movement, diversifying music theory, Handel and the slave trade, and viral
music-making. Next week's episode will highlight the scholarship of Braxton
D. Shelley.

All episodes are freely available on popular podcasting platforms including
Apple Podcasts, Spotify, and Stitcher, and on our website,
soundexpertise.org

Please don't hesitate to reach out with any questions, and I hope you tune
in!