Non-NU Email
I am pleased to announce the launch of Season 2 of the podcast Sound Expertise, which features interviews with music scholars about their research, and why it matters. Hosted by musicologist Will Robin, each episode of Sound Expertise spotlights the research of a different scholar through a longform conversation, designed to educate the general public about musicology as well as frame new ideas in the field in an alternative format to traditional scholarship.

The first episode of Season 2, which began on March 23, features an interview with Susan McClary about her wide-ranging career as a musicologist. Future episodes, which are published weekly on Tuesdays, will focus on topics including Black women musicians in the Civil Rights movement, diversifying music theory, Handel and the slave trade, and viral music-making. Next week's episode will highlight the scholarship of Braxton D. Shelley.

All episodes are freely available on popular podcasting platforms including Apple Podcasts, Spotify, and Stitcher, and on our website, soundexpertise.org

Please don't hesitate to reach out with any questions, and I hope you tune in!