Non-NU Email

Call for papers: Global Musicology – Global Music History. Virtual
Conference.
25–27 January 2022

We seek to interrogate ‘global music history’ as both a field and
methodology against the geopolitical realities of a ‘global musicology’. We
invite papers that engage with the rich potential of ‘global music history’
within, adjacent to, and/or against ‘global musicology’.

We solicit proposals in the following areas, although the list is
indicative rather than exhaustive. We particularly welcome perspectives
from outside of the Euro-American West that presently dominates the music
academy.

• The act and politics of labelling
• Practice
• Case studies

Keynote Speaker: Daniel K. L. Chua (Professor and Chair of Music,
University of Hong Kong; President, International Musicological Society)

For more details, please visit: globalmusicology.squarespace.com

Submission:
The submission deadline for individual papers, forums, roundtables,
workshops is 1 July 2021. Please send all submissions and enquiries to
GlobalMusicology -at- gmail.com.

In recognition of the geopolitical realities with which this conference
seeks to engage, we will be holding the event on Zoom over three half days
in an attempt to reach as many time zones as possible. We strongly
encourage World Englishes to other the English language and to ‘make
audible the imperial power sewn into the language.’ (Hong, 2020)

Organisers:
Amanda Hsieh (The Chinese University of Hong Kong, HKSAR)
Vera Wolkowicz (University of Buenos Aires, Argentina)

Programme Committee:
Amanda Hsieh (The Chinese University of Hong Kong, HKSAR)
Emmanuel Nnamani (University of Port Harcourt, Nigeria)
Sergio Ospina Romero (University of los Andes, Colombia)
Shzr Ee Tan (Royal Holloway, University of London, UK)
Vera Wolkowicz (University of Buenos Aires, Argentina)