Non-NU Email

Deb is probably right!

I my work (especially for Annual Reviews), I make sure to use 100%K for printed blacks (you can set preferences in Adobe Illustrator to view blacks accurately—not sure if this preference is offered in Photoshop). This keeps the blacks consistent—otherwise some black elements might look bolder than others. The only place I keep rich blacks is in photographs, “grayscale” images that have better contrast when kept in CMYK, or for online content.

Cheers and GL,

Fiona

Fiona Martin

Science Illustrator and Designer
Visualizing Science

+1(480)414-0301

Facebook | Twitter | MedIllSB | Linked In