Non-NU Email
Hi Patricia,
Yes, CBG has been doing this for some time, particularly for courses that use outdoor areas of the Garden:  field sketching in the woods etc..  It seems to be working fine and is well received.  On site classes are not recorded.  You need to have a plan for meeting places for outdoor classes and for weather issues-- we are just having alternative rain dates.

While the Garden is taking every precaution indoors, I'm still pretty paranoid and insisting on outdoor meeting places.  I got a pair of Pentax Papilios binoculars (recommended by several people from this wonderful group) that focus very close:  these are a great safe-distance teaching aid.  They work so well I intend to keep using them permanently.  My regular birding binocs claim 6' focusing but it's actually a bit farther away, which gives a poor angle on student work.

For me, Zoom classes had a bit of a learning curve (not entirely over;))-- alternating with outdoor classes isn't a problem.

Hope this helps-- please let me know if you have any questions.
Marlene