Non-NU Email

Marlene,

I am wonder what hardware you are using for video and sound when teaching to both in person and online students simultaneously?

Britt

From: SciArt-L Discussion List-for Natural Science Illustration- <[log in to unmask]> on behalf of Marlene Donnelly <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Monday, March 8, 2021 at 12:18 PM
To: "[log in to unmask]" <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Re: [SCIART] [EXTERNAL] [SCIART] Red text printing in both red and black

Non-NU Email

Hi Patricia,

Yes, CBG has been doing this for some time, particularly for courses that use outdoor areas of the Garden:  field sketching in the woods etc..  It seems to be working fine and is well received.  On site classes are not recorded.  You need to have a plan for meeting places for outdoor classes and for weather issues-- we are just having alternative rain dates.

While the Garden is taking every precaution indoors, I'm still pretty paranoid and insisting on outdoor meeting places.  I got a pair of Pentax Papilios binoculars (recommended by several people from this wonderful group) that focus very close:  these are a great safe-distance teaching aid.  They work so well I intend to keep using them permanently.  My regular birding binocs claim 6' focusing but it's actually a bit farther away, which gives a poor angle on student work.

For me, Zoom classes had a bit of a learning curve (not entirely over;))-- alternating with outdoor classes isn't a problem.

Hope this helps-- please let me know if you have any questions.

Marlene