Non-NU Email
Hello everyone,

My name is Stephania Sandoval. I am a PhD student in the López-Uribe Lab and the Department of Entomology at Penn State. For my dissertation, I am working on a project with cuckoo bees to reconstruct the demographic history of the parasites and their hosts. Specifically, I am working on Triepeolus remigatus (Apidae: Epeolini) that is distributed throughout most of the US, Ontario (Canada) and northern Mexico. I am currently looking for specimens of this species in ethanol or pinned in collections, for DNA extractions. I plan to use the non-destructive sampling outlined in Vaudo et al. 2018 (see pdf attached). If you have specimens identified only to the genus level (Triepeolus), I could provide the identification of the specimens if you are willing to ship the specimens to me. I am also interested in gathering distribution data, so even if you don't have physical specimens or cannot send them for the DNA analyses, I would appreciate the locality data as well.

I would greatly appreciate your help in this project! If you have information that you'd like to share or could contribute to this study, please send me an email ([log in to unmask]). I will cover the cost of shipping or other expenses. Let me know if you have any questions, I'd be happy to give you more information.

Thank you in advance.

Sincerely,
Stephania

Stephania Sandoval