Non-NU Email

*Call for Proposals*

Deadline: June 1, 2021
Symposium dates: October 7–9, 2021
https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__www.analysisandperformance.org&d=DwIFaQ&c=Cu5g146wZdoqVuKpTNsYHeFX_rg6kWhlkLF8Eft-wwo&r=PHu0YcldevQqIedM86l0iexbqE-AeZLl-lupNToNx6I&m=zAEfxvEBYshwYnd2pCmkoovjk9zsH83HuMDB0VwbdK8&s=ceWCqAuRsBI4qwMltrfppN37YWVd5LwsUqnlimBVL6E&e=
Faculty of Music, University of Toronto

The inaugural edition of the symposium Dialogues: Analysis and Performance
will be held October 7–9, 2021, at the University of Toronto’s Faculty of
Music. We invite proposals on any topic related to the analysis and
performance of music, especially encouraging those engaging with repertoire
or performance practices from the 20th and 21st centuries. Applicants may
choose—but are not obliged—to base their proposal around any of the
following questions:

- How can the concerns, choices, and pursuits of music performance inform
the practice of music analysis?

- How can the concerns, choices, and pursuits of music analysis inform the
practice of music performance?

- What sites of intersection provide promise for collaborative research
between music theorists, musicologists, and performers?

- How can research in contemporary music appeal to a broader segment of the
artistic and academic communities?

- How do trends and conversations in contemporary culture influence the
intersection of analysis and performance?

- What challenges or appeals does contemporary music (in particular)
present to the scholarly integration of analysis and performance?

Proposals can be submitted for paper presentations (20 minutes) or lecture
recitals (30 minutes). All presentations will be appended by a 10-minute
question period.

Detailed submission information can be found at
https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__www.analysisandperformance.org_callforproposals&d=DwIFaQ&c=Cu5g146wZdoqVuKpTNsYHeFX_rg6kWhlkLF8Eft-wwo&r=PHu0YcldevQqIedM86l0iexbqE-AeZLl-lupNToNx6I&m=zAEfxvEBYshwYnd2pCmkoovjk9zsH83HuMDB0VwbdK8&s=hV3mTgMoX3UsMFpoYuj8wYPvjYmA3f0yvEado4QTpik&e=

Questions regarding the submission process should be directed to
analysisandperformance2021–at–gmail.com

For more information on the symposium, please visit
https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__www.analysisandperformance.org&d=DwIFaQ&c=Cu5g146wZdoqVuKpTNsYHeFX_rg6kWhlkLF8Eft-wwo&r=PHu0YcldevQqIedM86l0iexbqE-AeZLl-lupNToNx6I&m=zAEfxvEBYshwYnd2pCmkoovjk9zsH83HuMDB0VwbdK8&s=ceWCqAuRsBI4qwMltrfppN37YWVd5LwsUqnlimBVL6E&e=   <https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__www.analysisandperformance.org&d=DwIFaQ&c=Cu5g146wZdoqVuKpTNsYHeFX_rg6kWhlkLF8Eft-wwo&r=PHu0YcldevQqIedM86l0iexbqE-AeZLl-lupNToNx6I&m=zAEfxvEBYshwYnd2pCmkoovjk9zsH83HuMDB0VwbdK8&s=ceWCqAuRsBI4qwMltrfppN37YWVd5LwsUqnlimBVL6E&e= >