*Call for Proposals*
Deadline: June 1, 2021
Symposium dates: October 7–9, 2021www.analysisandperformance.org
Faculty of Music, University of Toronto
The inaugural edition of the symposium Dialogues: Analysis and Performance will be held October 7–9, 2021, at the University of Toronto’s Faculty of Music. We invite proposals on any topic related to the analysis and performance of music, especially encouraging those engaging with repertoire or performance practices from the 20th and 21st centuries. Applicants may choose—but are not obliged—to base their proposal around any of the following questions:
- How can the concerns, choices, and pursuits of music performance inform the practice of music analysis?
- How can the concerns, choices, and pursuits of music analysis inform the practice of music performance?
- What sites of intersection provide promise for collaborative research between music theorists, musicologists, and performers?
- How can research in contemporary music appeal to a broader segment of the artistic and academic communities?
- How do trends and conversations in contemporary culture influence the intersection of analysis and performance?
- What challenges or appeals does contemporary music (in particular) present to the scholarly integration of analysis and performance?
Proposals can be submitted for paper presentations (20 minutes) or lecture recitals (30 minutes). All presentations will be appended by a 10-minute question period.
Detailed submission information can be found at https://www.analysisandperformance.org/callforproposals
Questions regarding the submission process should be directed to analysisandperformance2021–at–gmail.com
For more information on the symposium, please visit www.analysisandperformance.org