Non-NU Email

International Musicological Society Regional Association for East Asia
(IMSEA)
Sixth Biennial Conference in Daegu, Korea
October 21–23, 2022

The Regional Association for East Asia of the International Musicological
Society (IMSEA) invites proposals for its sixth biennial conference to be
held in Daegu, Korea, from October 21 to October 23 in 2022. We welcome
proposals from across various areas of music scholarship and beyond,
including those reflecting historical, ethnographic,
theoretical/analytical, sociological, and scientific methods. We would
especially like to encourage presentations of an inter-disciplinary and/or
inter-regional character.

Since its foundation in 2011, IMSEA has held biennial conferences in Seoul,
Taipei, Hong Kong, Tokyo, and Suzhou. The 2022 conference in Daegu, which
was postponed last year due to the Covid-19 pandemic, will mark the
association’s 10th anniversary. We hope this conference will be the
occasion to celebrate the past, present, and future of the society and
connect our community in East Asia with the global musicological network.
We look forward to the dialogues and collaborations amongst scholars with
diverse specialty areas, regions, and generations—at this conference and
beyond.

KEYNOTE SPEAKERS:
Nina Eidsheim (University of California, Los Angeles)
Juyong Park (Korea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology)

CATEGORIES OF PRESENTATION:
1. Panel Presentation: Each panel presentation will be either a 90-minute
session with three papers or a 120-minute session with four or five papers;
the 90/120-minute slot includes Q & A. Panels involving researchers from
different regions and/or areas of specialization are particularly
encouraged.
2. Free Paper: Each paper is allotted 30 minutes, with 20 minutes for
presentation and 10 minutes for Q & A.
3. Poster/Media Display: A0-size poster or desktop display.

The maximum length of abstracts is 250 words for each individual abstract
and panel description.

LANGUAGE:
Abstracts must be written in English. For the presentation, any language is
welcome. However, presentations in English are strongly encouraged in order
to facilitate discussion and exchange of ideas.

SUBMISSION: https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__imsea2022.org_submission_&d=DwIFaQ&c=Cu5g146wZdoqVuKpTNsYHeFX_rg6kWhlkLF8Eft-wwo&r=PHu0YcldevQqIedM86l0iexbqE-AeZLl-lupNToNx6I&m=KY9TBXLOhm3P7BHLJ4oOz3dAS4MKuPE0O8xn6Dx-gZg&s=JfBziB-tNe5a-m7QM7dC-4-01PoKy-apW7H5600xmEg&e=
The submission system will open from May 1, 2021 until August 31, 21:00
(UTC+8).
Abstract deadline: August 31, 2021

WEBSITE: https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__imsea2022.org_&d=DwIFaQ&c=Cu5g146wZdoqVuKpTNsYHeFX_rg6kWhlkLF8Eft-wwo&r=PHu0YcldevQqIedM86l0iexbqE-AeZLl-lupNToNx6I&m=KY9TBXLOhm3P7BHLJ4oOz3dAS4MKuPE0O8xn6Dx-gZg&s=QKU_lMFs2voU7LCl6Pr6ls-1L15eCzq5cKn8001ta44&e=
For any enquiries, please contact us at admin -at- imsea2022.org.