Non-NU Email

Opera Theatre of Saint Louis (OTSL) is partnering with Washington
University’s Center for the Study of Race, Ethnicity, & Equity (CRE2) to
host a two-night symposium exploring the canon of Black composers and the
current reality of the Black experience onstage and behind the scenes.

“Belonging in Opera: Learning from Our Past, Engaging with Our Future” will
be led by *Dr. Naomi André*, professor at the University of Michigan and
author of *Black Opera: History, Power, Engagement*. The symposium will
take place online on April 6th and  April 13th from 5:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m.
CST, and will feature discussions and presentations from acclaimed
scholars, artists, composers, and opera administrators. Across these two
evenings, “Belonging in Opera” will explore the history of Black composers
and the current and future landscape of Black creativity in opera and
adjacent spaces.

For more information: https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__www.ExperienceOpera.org_Belonging&d=DwIFaQ&c=Cu5g146wZdoqVuKpTNsYHeFX_rg6kWhlkLF8Eft-wwo&r=PHu0YcldevQqIedM86l0iexbqE-AeZLl-lupNToNx6I&m=ekRGMwKzuiyBjXmuS6aUNsbfdHONmJBoVUTZ1Mb4_0c&s=6ROP-haUTXfgns2VrJHUXlW8wCEhDAAitVmVvz_yAdc&e=