Non-NU Email
Opera Theatre of Saint Louis (OTSL) is partnering with Washington University’s Center for the Study of Race, Ethnicity, & Equity (CRE2) to host a two-night symposium exploring the canon of Black composers and the current reality of the Black experience onstage and behind the scenes.

“Belonging in Opera: Learning from Our Past, Engaging with Our Future” will be led by Dr. Naomi André, professor at the University of Michigan and author of Black Opera: History, Power, Engagement. The symposium will take place online on April 6th and  April 13th from 5:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. CST, and will feature discussions and presentations from acclaimed scholars, artists, composers, and opera administrators. Across these two evenings, “Belonging in Opera” will explore the history of Black composers and the current and future landscape of Black creativity in opera and adjacent spaces.

For more information: www.ExperienceOpera.org/Belonging