Non-NU Email

I am pleased to announce that the Society for Music Research (SMR) at the
University of Michigan will be hosting the Midwest Graduate Music
Consortium’s annual conference (MGMC 2021), titled “Timely Conversations,”
on April 10–11, 2021.

You can find the conference schedule at https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__mgmc2021.wordpress.com&d=DwIFaQ&c=Cu5g146wZdoqVuKpTNsYHeFX_rg6kWhlkLF8Eft-wwo&r=PHu0YcldevQqIedM86l0iexbqE-AeZLl-lupNToNx6I&m=5sBNgDOhs98Cg_k-gAQm5QCIPk-KPD4aoa8TTBusggI&s=5kj8I8WFgB-cuL0YPT3NbVKcw2oMdYzdAWxLqZJobP0&e=  If
you would like to attend any conference events, please register at
bit.ly/MGMC21.

The conference will feature 21 papers by graduate students from around the
world, a concert of new music by graduate-student composers performed by
the U-M Contemporary Directions Ensemble, and a keynote address by Dr.
Shana Redmond (UCLA). This conference focuses on scholarship and new music
produced in response to the varied conversations that have taken place over
the past year about racial injustice, inequality, and the effects of a
global pandemic on universities, research, and societies—all of which raise
questions about accessibility, prejudice, and power dynamics in our work.

For more information: https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__mgmc2021.wordpress.com_&d=DwIFaQ&c=Cu5g146wZdoqVuKpTNsYHeFX_rg6kWhlkLF8Eft-wwo&r=PHu0YcldevQqIedM86l0iexbqE-AeZLl-lupNToNx6I&m=5sBNgDOhs98Cg_k-gAQm5QCIPk-KPD4aoa8TTBusggI&s=bZYK77rWOXUsiZ7OwfhNX54uJw6t5UUa6xx7Yyp46n4&e=