Non-NU Email
I am pleased to announce that the Society for Music Research (SMR) at the University of Michigan will be hosting the Midwest Graduate Music Consortium’s annual conference (MGMC 2021), titled “Timely Conversations,” on April 10–11, 2021.

You can find the conference schedule at https://mgmc2021.wordpress.com If you would like to attend any conference events, please register at bit.ly/MGMC21.

The conference will feature 21 papers by graduate students from around the world, a concert of new music by graduate-student composers performed by the U-M Contemporary Directions Ensemble, and a keynote address by Dr. Shana Redmond (UCLA). This conference focuses on scholarship and new music produced in response to the varied conversations that have taken place over the past year about racial injustice, inequality, and the effects of a global pandemic on universities, research, and societies—all of which raise questions about accessibility, prejudice, and power dynamics in our work.

For more information: https://mgmc2021.wordpress.com/