Non-NU Email

Iberoamerican Musics: Paths, Networks and Circuits
14-16 October 2021
University of Santiago de Compostela (Spain)
Study Group “Music and American Studies” (Spanish Society for Musicology)
https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__grupo-2Dorganistrum.com_noticias_iii-2Dcongreso-2Dmusam-2Dmusicas-2Diberoamericanas-2Dcaminos-2Dredes-2Dy-2Dcircuitos&d=DwIFaQ&c=Cu5g146wZdoqVuKpTNsYHeFX_rg6kWhlkLF8Eft-wwo&r=PHu0YcldevQqIedM86l0iexbqE-AeZLl-lupNToNx6I&m=iuyV1EvpU8zrgKMnuMLbiwMe7z47fwNABMoozG6VAA0&s=E-3zFwJJatYdaQXo6QVuuxXxpHwhMf6A1mlIHVhGm9o&e=

Deadline for submission of proposals: 5 June 2021
Resolution of accepted proposals: 5 July 2021

Ibero-America is a community characterized by a great wealth and diversity
of musical manifestations. These have been shaped by a variety of routes
and itineraries that have enabled exchanges both in the past and in an
increasingly interconnected present. On the occasion of the Xacobeo 2021
and the idea of “road” linked to Santiago de Compostela, the III
International Conference of the Study Group “Music and American Studies”
(MUSAM) of the Spanish Society for Musicology aims to promote new ways of
researching into Ibero-American musics from the perspective of networks and
circuits, not only of musicians, repertoires and sound objects, but also of
practices, ideologies and discourses. The ultimate objective of the
Conference is to create alternative paths in the research of both multiple
and integrated processes and contexts within that community. To this end,
special attention will be paid to elements that have been little studied or
are susceptible to a new look, such as: musical relations between American
countries and regions, the establishment of routes and circuits in/from/to
the Americas, the reflection on the musicological work in Ibero-America or
the use of interdisciplinarity and digital media in our approach to a
plural and constantly changing reality. In this way, we intend to break
down some barriers that we consider not only artificial but also
inoperative, such as the one between musicology and ethnomusicology,
between historical musicology and performance practice, or even between
Portuguese-Brazilian and Spanish-American musical cultures, which are
virtually “disconnected”. At the same time, this Congress will serve to
strengthen the links between researchers interested in the study of
Ibero-American music from a transatlantic and globalized perspective.

Official languages: Spanish, Galician, Portuguese and English.

Proposals should be sent to Belén Vega, MUSAM secretary, at the following
email address: musam -at- sedem.es

DIRECTION
Montserrat Capelán (University of Santiago de Compostela)
Javier Marin-Lopez (University of Jaen)

https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__sedem.es_es_comisiones-2Dde-2Dtrabajo_musica-2Dy-2Destudios-2Damericanos.asp&d=DwIFaQ&c=Cu5g146wZdoqVuKpTNsYHeFX_rg6kWhlkLF8Eft-wwo&r=PHu0YcldevQqIedM86l0iexbqE-AeZLl-lupNToNx6I&m=iuyV1EvpU8zrgKMnuMLbiwMe7z47fwNABMoozG6VAA0&s=yr_Epk0AFoem4enKtIB63V2NUEMI0WRp7okh_b88RWg&e=