Non-NU Email

Dear Colleagues,

Please share the following job announcement widely. We will consider
applications for any or all courses listed.

The Music and Theater Arts Section at the Massachusetts Institute of
Technology is seeking temporary part-time lecturers for the academic year
2021-2022 to teach the following courses:

Medieval and Renaissance Music (F21)
Introduction to Western Music (F21 & Sp22)
History of Jazz (F21)
Jazz Harmony and Arranging (F21 and/or Sp22)
Jazz Composition (F21)
Interactive Music Systems (Sp22)
Introduction to World Music (F21)
Jazz Advanced Music Performance (F21 and/or Sp22)

Teaching is expected to be in-person unless COVID protocols change
significantly.

Qualifications
Advanced degree is required; ABD will only be accepted if the applicant has
another advanced degree.

Application Instructions
Please submit a dossier including curriculum vitae along with evidence of
teaching experience (i.e. course evaluations and/or sample syllabi). All
application materials must be submitted via Academic Jobs Online (AJO):
https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__academicjobsonline.org_ajo_jobs_18648&d=DwIBaQ&c=Cu5g146wZdoqVuKpTNsYHeFX_rg6kWhlkLF8Eft-wwo&r=PHu0YcldevQqIedM86l0iexbqE-AeZLl-lupNToNx6I&m=_r9nUgrejdhmyU1g73VNO6aDR4HFgt2kFC8JhNBHx5E&s=EDd3S-8qYJ5M7mTJMLx-YMfAvWQ2UcmqTL2PD4KAHQM&e=

We will begin screening applications on June 1, 2021 and will continue
until all positions are filled. Please contact musictemplec21 -at- mit.edu
with any questions.