Non-NU Email

Call for Papers:
Special Issue of American Nineteenth Century History

“Music in American Nineteenth Century History”

Co-editors: J. M. Mancini and Billy Coleman

Abstracts Due — 30 September 2021
Draft Papers Due — 30 May 2022
Symposium – mid-June 2022 (tentative)
Full Papers Due for peer review — 30 September 2022
Planned publication — mid-2023

The aim of this special issue is to bring together members of a growing,
but disparate community of historians; musicologists; and
historically-minded interdisciplinary scholars, for a timely conversation
on music and nineteenth-century American history spanning the Revolution to
the invention of recorded sound.

For full details of potential topics, please see our CFP here:
https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__branchuk.wordpress.com_2021_05_21_call-2Dfor-2Dpapers-2Dspecial-2Dissue-2Dof-2Damerican-2Dnineteenth-2Dcentury-2Dhistory_&d=DwIFaQ&c=Cu5g146wZdoqVuKpTNsYHeFX_rg6kWhlkLF8Eft-wwo&r=PHu0YcldevQqIedM86l0iexbqE-AeZLl-lupNToNx6I&m=Um18Et9ESnIpLrxmLkAvPO5A6QES6tHyHbPFOLP6DYU&s=EDeO0nLAuqhhpWJDEOEpNiNM6pTLRlObuU7OqIfzYtY&e=

We seek submissions of 300–500 word abstracts proposing articles for
consideration for publication, with full manuscripts to follow. In addition
to the abstract, please advise us of your interest and capacity to
participate in a symposium event for workshopping drafts (whether in-person
or in a hybrid digital format). Please also advise us of your potential
interest in, and any musical or technical skills you may be willing to
contribute to, a possible soundtrack album aimed at facilitating the use of
this research in the classroom. Acceptance of an abstract does not mean
acceptance of a paper and submitted papers will proceed through American
Nineteenth Century History’s usual peer-review process.

Please send abstracts and all queries to J. M. Mancini (JoAnne.Mancini -at-
mu.ie) or Billy Coleman (colemanw -at- missouri.edu) by September 30, 2021.