Non-NU Email

The Graduate Association of Musicologists und Theorists (GAMuT) at the
University of North Texas is pleased to announce its 10th Annual GAMuT
Graduate Student Conference to be held Saturday, February 5, 2022 on our
campus in Denton, Texas. We are excited to welcome Professor Drew Nobile
(University of Oregon) as our keynote speaker.

We invite graduate students to submit paper proposals on any topic related
to the fields of musicology, music theory, or ethnomusicology.
Interdisciplinary approaches are particularly encouraged. Papers will be
twenty minutes in length followed by a ten-minute question and answer
period. All papers accepted for presentation will be eligible for the
conference paper award.

Proposals of no more than 500 words with up to 4 pages of examples should
be submitted as a single PDF file to Anna Wodny (AnnaWodny -at- my.unt.edu)
with a cover letter written in the body of the email that provides the
title of the paper as well as the author's name, institutional affiliation,
email address, and telephone number. Submissions will be reviewed
anonymously, so please remove identifying information from the abstract
itself.

The University of North Texas is located in Denton approximately
twenty-five miles north of DFW International Airport. To learn more about
our College of Music, visit https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__music.unt.edu_&d=DwIBaQ&c=Cu5g146wZdoqVuKpTNsYHeFX_rg6kWhlkLF8Eft-wwo&r=PHu0YcldevQqIedM86l0iexbqE-AeZLl-lupNToNx6I&m=qNnR9NIvwILNDCROOvE7pplBGFo7O0B-JCYmMq5uIig&s=e31mjmmvKmoaQiuf0p-WPR8FklwjI8vUJaRsUEMGAAU&e= . For more information
about the conference, including local arrangements, visit
https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__mhte.music.unt.edu_gamut-23conference&d=DwIBaQ&c=Cu5g146wZdoqVuKpTNsYHeFX_rg6kWhlkLF8Eft-wwo&r=PHu0YcldevQqIedM86l0iexbqE-AeZLl-lupNToNx6I&m=qNnR9NIvwILNDCROOvE7pplBGFo7O0B-JCYmMq5uIig&s=V3Re2hdHnqsqbssKIzR2Jd02w0n4BSxgRclVbTEcKbI&e= . This website will be updated
with new information as it becomes available, including a full schedule,
abstracts, and local arrangements.

While the UNT campus will be reopening fully in the fall, we realize there
is still a great deal of uncertainty regarding travel and the day-to-day
operations of universities. We have every hope that an in-person conference
will proceed as planned but are prepared to move the conference online or
arrange for remote presentations should circumstances dictate. Such a
decision will be made and announced with as much notice as possible.

Please email all inquiries to conference co-chair AnnaWodny -at- my.unt.edu.

All materials must be received by October 1, 2021, 5pm CST. Decisions will
be returned by November 1, 2021.

Very best,

Rachel Schuck
Conference Co-Chair