The University Louisville School of Music seeks a part-time lecturer in Music History for Academic Year 2021-22. The successful applicant will be responsible for teaching one or two course preparations per semester. Anticipated courses include the undergraduate survey (18th-19th century), graduate history review, a graduate level seminar, and a course for non-majors or other offerings as dictated by the needs of the department. While face-to-face instruction is strongly preferred, excellent candidates may be considered to fill this position remotely with asynchronous instructional delivery. This position is not expected to require significant administrative responsibilities.
- ABD in Musicology/Ethnomusicology
- Experience as instructor of record in courses for music majors
- Familiarity with learning management systems
- Ability to adapt quickly to evolving technological needs/requirements
- Completed PhD in Musicology/Ethnomusicology
- Demonstrated commitment to student-centered pedagogy
- Direct experience with Blackboard (or comparable learning management systems)
- Experience teaching online and/or in hybrid formats
Apply at https://www.higheredjobs.com/institution/details.cfm?JobCode=177471580&Title=Part%2DTime%20Lecturer%20%2D%20Music%20History%20%28Job%20Id%3A%2041074%29&aID=7137
AMS-Announce mailing list and bulletin board:
How to submit a post
Visit the AMS-Announce archive
TO UNSUBSCRIBE, switch to/from Digest mode, change your subscription address, etc.: log in and edit your subscription.
AMS-Announce is a free service provided to the musicological community by the American Musicological Society.