Non-NU Email

I am one of the senior instructors at the Yale Peabody Museum Scientific
Illustration Program and we have been in existence since 2009. We have
developed a comprehensive program, which includes traditional course
offerings in Drawing, Colored Pencil, Watercolor, Pen and Ink, Plant
Morphology, Vertebrate Anatomy,
Invertebrate Anatomy, Digital Illustration,
Composition and Design and many other electives and online offerings. Our
instructors are highly trained artists in the field of Botanical and
Scientific Illustration and we have very high standards of excellence in
our curriculum and teaching. Before any judgements are made publicly about
our program, it is best to communicate with the
program directors directly. www.peabody.yale .edu/education

On Tue, May 4, 2021 at 9:54 AM Elissa Sorojsrisom <
[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> [...]
> trying to make it in the field. I would suggest you check out
> sciencefindsart.com
> <https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__sciencefindsart.com_&d=DwMFaQ&c=Cu5g146wZdoqVuKpTNsYHeFX_rg6kWhlkLF8Eft-wwo&r=AGYZ7-AeerjxzYnIwL-lBLFI3SPYN3BDmku4qGQB4Tg&m=uerylT6xvhukZd3FGuyY-0dadwjReYxyHJoMWi1CQmA&s=uo3wqhrRfdwFjX8F7bQqPVFMFQki92uTuyhxzRFKrl8&e=> to
> learn more about how different artists have built their careers and
> examples of strong work. I offer portfolio reviews through SFA, so if you
> want advice on how to improve your portfolio I am happy to provide that as
> well. Hopefully SFA will have more resources for early career artists such
> as yourself, but for now I am happy to help in any way I can.
>
> All the best,
> ~El
>

> On May 3, 2021, at 3:51 PM, Samantha Dilday <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>
> Non-NU Email
> ------------------------------
> Hi there GNSI!
>
> I'm looking to begin the Scientific Illustration Program at the Yale
> Peabody Museum of Natural History in New Haven, CT and wanted to get your
> opinion on this program. What are the pros and cons, how long does the
> program usually take, etc.
>
> I'd like to be able to work part time during my time in the program and
> wanted to see if anyone knows of any part time gigs that would be a good
> fit for a budding scientific illustrator?
>
> I'm finishing my Master's in Environmental Science so I have a very strong
> understanding of the scientific field. I'm just not sure how to get my foot
> in the door when it comes to illustration work.
>
> Thank you all for your help! Feel free to reach out to me using the
> contact info below.
>
> Cheers,
> Samantha (Sam) Dilday
>
> --
> *Sam Dilday*
> 709.685.3651

> instructions at
> https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__www.gnsi.org_listserv&d=DwIFaQ&c=Cu5g146wZdoqVuKpTNsYHeFX_rg6kWhlkLF8Eft-wwo&r=AGYZ7-AeerjxzYnIwL-lBLFI3SPYN3BDmku4qGQB4Tg&m=H9khA4OXbk1v4wB5U8DynkmariCwS3701RWac2CSq9Y&s=h3mfZi6fSIsyLFAYbukZt6qH4iymBPfTE5a7vmWelUs&e=
> <https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__www.gnsi.org_listserv&d=DwMFaQ&c=Cu5g146wZdoqVuKpTNsYHeFX_rg6kWhlkLF8Eft-wwo&r=AGYZ7-AeerjxzYnIwL-lBLFI3SPYN3BDmku4qGQB4Tg&m=uerylT6xvhukZd3FGuyY-0dadwjReYxyHJoMWi1CQmA&s=Qbd-dl2HqWusr-10f3H3bQCO44RX2Xza5uVJk4N-9rc&e=>List
> name is Sciart-L

> instructions at
> https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__www.gnsi.org_listservList&d=DwIFaQ&c=Cu5g146wZdoqVuKpTNsYHeFX_rg6kWhlkLF8Eft-wwo&r=AGYZ7-AeerjxzYnIwL-lBLFI3SPYN3BDmku4qGQB4Tg&m=H9khA4OXbk1v4wB5U8DynkmariCwS3701RWac2CSq9Y&s=gnfEfYMXuT4KBq3VS5WCREfra7G290YM9-XIeNHEoLE&e=  name is Sciart-L

Dorie Petrochko
Senior Instructor-Natural Science Illustration Program
Yale Peabody Museum of Natural History
170 Whitney Avenue
New Haven, CT 06511
www.p <https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__www.ctnsi.com_&d=DwIFaQ&c=Cu5g146wZdoqVuKpTNsYHeFX_rg6kWhlkLF8Eft-wwo&r=AGYZ7-AeerjxzYnIwL-lBLFI3SPYN3BDmku4qGQB4Tg&m=H9khA4OXbk1v4wB5U8DynkmariCwS3701RWac2CSq9Y&s=4kqpSd3jl-uqiDvfnxycl2mEz9oV0txRTbcDJs1HHfY&e= >eabody.yale.edu/education
https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__www.dpetrochko-2Dart.com&d=DwIFaQ&c=Cu5g146wZdoqVuKpTNsYHeFX_rg6kWhlkLF8Eft-wwo&r=AGYZ7-AeerjxzYnIwL-lBLFI3SPYN3BDmku4qGQB4Tg&m=H9khA4OXbk1v4wB5U8DynkmariCwS3701RWac2CSq9Y&s=0FRZFuVc3EMLlDrYkxv3wRc9fsiguZu6KQUkhINmnss&e=
203-507-0356

Courses | Education : Yale Peabody ...
<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__peabody.yale.edu_education_natural-2Dscience-2Dillustration-2Dcourses&d=DwIFaQ&c=Cu5g146wZdoqVuKpTNsYHeFX_rg6kWhlkLF8Eft-wwo&r=AGYZ7-AeerjxzYnIwL-lBLFI3SPYN3BDmku4qGQB4Tg&m=H9khA4OXbk1v4wB5U8DynkmariCwS3701RWac2CSq9Y&s=J_4SmvGBlON_T-Qj52CXsqtZ6rLJuC98c9F15Mn_pxo&e= >