Non-NU Email

This is exactly along the lines of what I had originally envisioned for the the Santa Cruz meeting in 2016!  We ended up doing it on paper as the University would not let us do on chalk on the ground, and we did any and all local species, not just endangered ones.  I am going to be traveling those days, but it would be so cool to get small groups of GNSI members together in our communities and DO this, and help promote it.  I would do the whole street in front of my house.  But. I am doing a month of 12 hour days starting next Wed. 5/19 working for Health and Human Services at one of the big centers for unaccompanied migrant minors, somewhere in the US.  HHS is recruiting and getting loans of staff from USDA and NASA as they are desperate for help and I volunteered.  I fly to Dallas first and then they send me somewhere after processing - San Diego, LA, El Paso, Michigan.....  But I may bring some chalk with me.

Greater impact with greater numbers.

In honor of Endangered Species Day 2021, the Endangered Species Coalition is holding a nationwide, all-ages chalk art competition that anyone can participate in!

Read about the competition guidelines and details now.

More than 1 million species globally are threatened with extinction. Art is one of the most powerful tools we have to draw attention to this crisis. That’s why we’re holding the Endangered Species Chalk Art Event!

From Friday, May 21st through Sunday, May 23rd, we’re inviting people around the world to create chalk art depicting threatened, endangered, or vanishing species. Not only is this a great way to celebrate wildlife, but you can also win prizes! More than $400 in prize money and chocolate bars will be given away in awards for the best artwork and at random to lucky participants.

Want to join this exciting, creative event for Endangered Species Day? Find out more now!

This event is open to people of all ages, backgrounds, and skill levels, and you can create your chalk art anywhere that is safe and legal, such as an indoor blackboard, a driveway, sidewalks, or other spaces.

To enter the competition and be eligible to win a prize, all you have to do is post a photo of your chalk art on Instagram between May 21st and May 23rd. If you include #EndangeredSpeciesChalkArt and tag @endangeredspeciescoalition in your post, we’ll include your art in the contest.

Don’t miss the opportunity to be part of the Endangered Species Chalk Art event and make an impact for wildlife.

We can’t wait to see all the wonderful wildlife chalk art that everyone will create. Thank you for helping us raise awareness of the importance of protecting wildlife this Endangered Species Day!

We would also like to invite you to attend this event near you:

IMPLICATION OF DECLINING POPULATION, THREAT AND WAY FORWARD
Start: Friday, May 21, 2021 9:00 AM
End: Friday, May 21, 2021 12:00 PM

Webinar
Gwynn Oak, MD
Baltimore , MD 21201

Please scan the code to register for the Endangered Species Day Webinar or click this link:

https://zoom.us/meeting/register/tJEoceCsqjgpE90uBe38zndAf11xRkGdsdGd

Click here to RSVP.

Sincerely,

Sarah Starman
National Grassroots Organizer
Endangered Species Coalition
Facebook | Twitter | Pinterest | Instagram | Medium

--
Taina Litwak, CMI
Litwak Illustration Studio

office: 202-633-4561