Non-NU Email

Thank you to everyone who graciously offered advice about conducting an
online scientific illustration workshop. I did so through Johns Hopkins
University two days ago, and it went smoothly and was great fun. Some
aspects that made it go well:

-I did a trial run with a couple of relatives who are not the most advanced
computer users. They made it clear to me how clear I needed to be
to participants so that no one gets lost.
-I entered the Zoom meeting twice; once through my phone and once through
my laptop. I attached the phone to a tripod and used this for demos.
-I used Padlet, thanks to your advice, and this worked beautifully for
sharing items and having participants post their files to share.
-I had help from Johns Hopkins. They coordinated the breakout sessions and
monitored the incoming registrants.

I will definitely do this again!

cheers,
barrett

Barrett Klein
Pupating Lab
Professor, Department of Biology
University of Wisconsin - La Crosse
1725 State Street, La Crosse, WI 54601
https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__www.pupating.org&d=DwIBaQ&c=Cu5g146wZdoqVuKpTNsYHeFX_rg6kWhlkLF8Eft-wwo&r=AGYZ7-AeerjxzYnIwL-lBLFI3SPYN3BDmku4qGQB4Tg&m=tUJK1fdLGqYb4f_G4jHmKihO9B6jdwUZndtW8bHXU-s&s=iYG0rNJj1SEkLGApj8LcDbBo5ION0CtnvckYPk5i7r0&e=
https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__www.uwlax.edu_profile_bklein_&d=DwIBaQ&c=Cu5g146wZdoqVuKpTNsYHeFX_rg6kWhlkLF8Eft-wwo&r=AGYZ7-AeerjxzYnIwL-lBLFI3SPYN3BDmku4qGQB4Tg&m=tUJK1fdLGqYb4f_G4jHmKihO9B6jdwUZndtW8bHXU-s&s=3KWK_hzfcw5fpqY-E9LiwiQfXpVDg5-ZRziEEJtSML0&e=