Non-NU Email
Thank you to everyone who graciously offered advice about conducting an online scientific illustration workshop. I did so through Johns Hopkins University two days ago, and it went smoothly and was great fun. Some aspects that made it go well:

-I did a trial run with a couple of relatives who are not the most advanced computer users. They made it clear to me how clear I needed to be to participants so that no one gets lost.
-I entered the Zoom meeting twice; once through my phone and once through my laptop. I attached the phone to a tripod and used this for demos.
-I used Padlet, thanks to your advice, and this worked beautifully for sharing items and having participants post their files to share.
-I had help from Johns Hopkins. They coordinated the breakout sessions and monitored the incoming registrants.

I will definitely do this again!

cheers,
barrett

Barrett Klein