Non-NU Email
Hi all,

In case you missed the most recent GNSI newsletter, here's a roundup of new news from this year's upcoming conference.

First up: Our conference website is live! Navigate the dropdown menu for details about programs, speaker information, topics, a schedule of events, and registration information. Registration will be open from June 7th to July 14th, 2021.

Core conference: July 17–18, 2021 & Workshops: July 24–25, 2021
Core conference registration : $75/member* | $105/non-member**

*Members: a special member discount code will be in the Conference Registration email to get your member pricing! This email will be sent out on June 7th

**Not a member? Join now!  https://www.gnsi.org/join-us

Workshops: Full Day, $100; Half Day, $50.

Informal techniques sharing: We want to try a new activity of informally sharing techniques. On Remo, each person will have their own video feed that allows someone to demonstrate something at a table of 6 people. We are looking for a few folks who might be interested in doing this. This is not the Techniques Showcase you may be familiar with but is just an informal sharing for those interested. Please contact conference chair Christie Newman ([log in to unmask]) if you want to volunteer or bounce off an idea of a technique you might want to share in the Remo session.

Annual auction: The annual auction is also returning on a virtual platform! If you have any spare prints, science or art books, art supplies, interesting goodies, etc., consider donating them to the auction! If you have something in mind, please fill out the Jotform found here. Deadline for submissions is June 30th. Half of the proceeds from the auction go towards the GNSI Education Fund and half go to the GNSI General Fund.

Questions about the auction? Contact Tricia Cassady at [log in to unmask]

Portfolio share: GNSI’s second Virtual Portfolio Share is also returning this year! Any GNSI member in good standing is invited to submit work by June 13 to be included in the campaign on our Facebook (@GNSIart) page. Portfolios will be posted publicly on our Facebook page from July 12-18. Submit your portfolio here

Questions about the portfolio share? Contact Jenn Deutscher at [log in to unmask].

Short video share: And finally, as part of the 2021 Visual SciComm Conference content, we’d like to share short videos featuring projects our members have worked on throughout the year. This could be a new technique demonstration, timelapse footage of a project from start to finish, or an informative summary of an ongoing project. Please contact Bricelyn Strauch ([log in to unmask]) and Christie Newman ([log in to unmask]) with your ideas.

That's all for now. We hope to see you online at the conference!

Jenn Deutscher
GNSI Social Media Coordinator