Non-NU Email

Hi All,

I've been meaning to post asking if any of you have ventured into the world
of NFTs (non fungible tokens)?

I won't post links but there are primers on different creative blogs (ie
dribbble/"what the heck is an NFT"). It got press (and my attention) a few
months back with the Beeple $69M Christie's auction. Simply stated the
artist creates scarcity by digitally "minting" an asset that marks it as
the unique "original."

I know next to nothing about cryptocurrency and this seems to be a low-risk
way to learn. One detail that I found compelling (if I understand
correctly) is that the minting process bakes in some residual rights for
the creator, who receives compensation whenever the NFT is sold from one
party to another in the future.

I still don't fully understand how this will unfold as a sustainable
market, but a couple of my contacts seem to be doing well with it for now.

Thanks as always for your help and always-interesting perspectives. I found
this group years ago while considering schooling for scientific
illustration--while I did not go that route this remains my favorite
design-community discussion group--in fact it has remained relevant through
every phase of my freelance design life. I've learned lots from you all.
Thanks again  and all the best! Molly