Non-NU Email

Stunning to see so much talent on one page!

Yes, I second Taina’s idea of creating more categories. Not for comparison but to go to our favorite subject matter and learn from each other. Or a publisher looking for a botanical artist… less scrolling through :) The hard part is many fall in more than one category (e.g., infographics), I’m not sure where to place them even on my own website.

Fiona

From: SciArt-L Discussion List-for Natural Science Illustration- <[log in to unmask]> on behalf of olivia carlisle <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Thursday, July 15, 2021 at 11:38 AM
To: [log in to unmask] <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Re: [SCIART] on line exhibit

Non-NU Email

It all goes back to Who, What, When, Where, Why, How.  Grouping is a great idea; an excellent way to see different techniques for similar subjects.

C Olivia Carlisle 🦋

On Jul 15, 2021, at 12:16 PM, Gail Guth <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

Non-NU Email

Great idea! I also would have liked to see a very brief note about what the art was created for. Several of the pieces are a markedly different style than the "traditional" science illustration, which is fine; you create in a style appropriate to the project. It might be helpful to viewers outside our circle. Without the context, we are left to compare apples to oranges.

Gail