Non-NU Email

I looked at it, learned about the environmental impacts, and decided I
couldn't go through with it. There are plenty of articles available but
here's one easy link:
https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://www.cbsnews.com/news/nft-art-environmental-costs/__;!!PvXuogZ4sRB2p-tU!TsE6Twtb8G4AfBp4f2ZqXi9EAaNxEw6C_9sgiU9qnlGWeiitjIV8otp-4SEdPl9MJW1WPOg$

Proponents will argue that some currencies are moving towards
sustainability, but they haven't done so yet.

Plus like Britt said, there are going to be winners and losers with
this—you have to pay $70-100 to mint your work and create this artificial
scarcity. Had there not been environmental concerns I might've wanted to
mint a piece or two as an experiment, but I don't believe the whole idea of
NFTs makes any sense at all from a buyer's perspective. It's all based on
people wanting to own rare shiny things, not good art. At least when that
happens with collectors offline they have a tangible, actually unique item.

Jenn