Non-NU Email

Slightly off-topic: Our refrigerator's freezer went "off-line" for
awhile this week and we had to move lots of items to our ancient
full-sized basement freezer.  While moving stuff around, my husband
handed me something in a freezer bag and asked, "WHAT is THIS?" Well, it
turned out to be  a frozen chipmunk that I had collected, nearly intact,
from the roadside... a real treasure i my opinion.  I explained that
most scientific illustrators keep such things in their freezers, and
pointed out that I also had a male cardinal, a nondescript sparrow, and
a sea bass, and probably some other critters in there, lost to the mists
of antiquity.
I thought it might be interesting to get a general census of "freezer
study materials" from fellow GNSI'ers.

Cheers,
Margy Nelson

--
Margaret C. Nelson, Ph.D.
Rumford Graphics Scientific Illustration