Non-NU Email

Great conversation. I’m going to jump in here. I agree completely with Jim. I keep all of my preliminary sketches for the same reasons: future needs, documentation of the process. As a results, I too have a flat file full of pencil sketches. And I also agree that the sketches have a life or a vibrancy to them that the final art, in some case, does not.
But there’s another part of this that should be mentioned. After 35-plus years in the “biz”, there is a bit of an emotional component to this, right? I look on my sketches as a visual history, in a way, of my work over the years. No one will value this archive as much as I will, but there is an attachment to it.
So what to do with it is a good question!
Elizabeth

Sent from my iPhone