Non-NU Email

I would suggest some open face cabinets for material in prep, returned loans, groups being curated etc. Situations where the time for any one drawer sitting in the open face system is limited.  It’s much easier to work with specimens in open faced systems but I don’t like them for any kind of long term storage.   Bob
________________________________
From: Entomological Collections Network Listserve <[log in to unmask]> on behalf of Shockley, Floyd <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: August 13, 2021 4:11 PM
To: [log in to unmask] <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: [EXT]Re: Open Faced Ranges

COURRIEL EXTERNE. Ne cliquez sur aucun lien ou pièce jointe à moins que vous ne connaissiez l'expéditeur.
EXTERNAL EMAIL. Do not click any links or attachments unless you know the sender.
Non-NU Email
________________________________

Great point, Lynn.  I forgot to mention the impact of light that cabinets also mitigate.

Floyd

Floyd W. Shockley, Ph.D., F.R.E.S. (he/him/his)

Collections Manager

Department of Entomology
National Museum of Natural History

Smithsonian Institution
P.O. Box 37012, MRC 165
Washington, DC 20013-7012

Tel (office): 202-633-0982
Fax (office): 202-786-2894
Email:  [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>

The National Museum of Natural History (NMNH) complies with all U.S. export and sanctions laws, as well as fish, wildlife and other regulations applicable to the importation and exportation of specimens and research materials. Please consider the country of origin and nature of any specimen, sample, object or material shipped to NMNH, and if applicable, ensure that it is properly licensed and otherwise compliant with U.S. law prior to shipment.

SMITHSONIAN INSTITUTION

NATIONAL MUSEUM OF NATURAL HISTORY