Non-NU Email

The University of North Texas Music Library is pleased to announce and host
“Press Start”: A Video Game Music Symposium to be held Saturday, March 26,
2022 held by the University of North Texas College of Music in Denton,
Texas. This symposium will be held in-person and registration will be
required to attend. For those who cannot attend in-person, the event will
be streamed live. We are excited to welcome Akash Thakkar (
https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://www.akashthakkar.com/__;!!PvXuogZ4sRB2p-tU!VaaetlCZDXbeT1bnbA_2ymfwSNHKWv7o1zgEyhLWDLURjXVGeRWa8oD_0qUG483zGztnC4wQKA$ ) as our keynote speaker.

We are accepting proposals for paper presentations and poster presentations
on all aspects of sound and music in video games. Interdisciplinary
approaches are particularly encouraged. Papers will be twenty minutes in
length followed by a ten-minute question and answer period. Proposals of no
more than 500 words should be submitted as a single PDF file or Microsoft
Word document (.doc, .docx) to
https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://unt.az1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_3h2jadxGrC5cS1g__;!!PvXuogZ4sRB2p-tU!VaaetlCZDXbeT1bnbA_2ymfwSNHKWv7o1zgEyhLWDLURjXVGeRWa8oD_0qUG483zGzuC49GNHg$  by October 31,
2021. Presenters will be notified of their acceptance into the program by
November 5, 2021. Submissions will be reviewed anonymously, so please
remove identifying information from the abstract itself. Should your paper
or poster be accepted, there is availability for need-based travel funding.

The University of North Texas is located in Denton approximately
twenty-five miles north of DFW International Airport. To learn more about
our College of Music, please visit https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://music.unt.edu/__;!!PvXuogZ4sRB2p-tU!VaaetlCZDXbeT1bnbA_2ymfwSNHKWv7o1zgEyhLWDLURjXVGeRWa8oD_0qUG483zGzsmUzFQsw$ . To learn more
about our Music Library, please visit https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://library.unt.edu/music/__;!!PvXuogZ4sRB2p-tU!VaaetlCZDXbeT1bnbA_2ymfwSNHKWv7o1zgEyhLWDLURjXVGeRWa8oD_0qUG483zGztrksVjTQ$ .

While the UNT campus is reopening fully in the fall, we realize there is
still a great deal of uncertainty regarding travel and the day-to-day
operations of universities. We have every hope that an in-person conference
will proceed as planned but are prepared to move the conference fully
online. Such a decision will be made and announced with as much notice as
possible.