Non-NU Email
Dear Colleagues,

I am happy to announce that registration is now open for the conference Responses in Music to Climate Change, produced under the auspices of The Barry S. Brook Center for Music Research and Documentation in New York City.

Our event collects and shares research on music’s place within the Anthropocene from a wide range of perspectives. Originally scheduled for April of 2020, this conference has been reimagined as a five-day virtual gathering, taking place on 4-8 October 2021.

The registration form and schedule can be accessed from our conference website here: https://brookcenter.gc.cuny.edu/2021/08/27/responses-in-music-to-climate-change/

Registration is free and open to all. After registering, you will receive a verification email. If you have any questions about the conference or registration, please do not hesitate to contact me at mlupo -at- gradcenter.cuny.edu.

• A keynote address by ethnomusicologist Steven Feld
• A pre-recorded presentation by composer John Luther Adams
• A live interview with composer Christopher Tin
• "Adaptations: Confronting Climate Change Amid Covid-19”—A roundtable discussion with scholars Aaron Allen, Mark Pedelty, Alexander Rehding, Jeff Todd Titon, Denise von Glahn, and Holly Watkins

We look forward to seeing you there!

All best,

Michael Lupo (he/him/his)

Assistant Editor, Répertoire International de Littérature Musicale (RILM)
The Graduate Center, CUNY
365 Fifth Avenue, Suite 3108
New York, NY 10016-10016
mlupo -at- gradcenter.cuny.edu