Non-NU Email

The Department of Music at Emory University (Atlanta, GA) invites
applications for a tenure-track position in ethnomusicology at the rank of
assistant or associate professor. We seek a colleague who will partner
energetically with faculty across the university to create new
opportunities for our students, drawing on existing campus resources while
also extending the scope of our engagements regionally, nationally, and
internationally. The successful candidate will be committed to promoting a
learning and research environment that advances diversity, equity, and
inclusion. The precise areas of study and research specialization are open,
but applications are encouraged from those whose interests complement and
expand existing departmental strengths. Teaching responsibilities will
include two courses per semester, consisting of introductory courses aimed
at the general undergraduate population and advanced topics courses in
ethnomusicology directed toward upper-level undergraduates in music, as
well as the supervision and mentorship of undergraduate researchers.

Minimum qualifications: Ph.D. in music studies or a related field by the
date of the offer letter.

Review of applications will begin on October 15, 2021, and applications
received until November 15th will be given full consideration.
Additionally, review will continue until the position is filled.

Submit applications online at: https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://apply.interfolio.com/94717__;!!PvXuogZ4sRB2p-tU!X9rX13K0CtqfgWVy1BjZBkbUGdzfOha3n8Ye-Vkt3pZo7Sl8DZcs4trA9ghZDxZVkzEqd7Bgcw$

Required materials: Letter of interest, CV, and names and contact
information for three recommenders. Please do not send samples of your work
at this time.

Applicants should familiarize themselves with Emory’s Faculty
Responsibilities document:
https://urldefense.com/v3/__http://college.emory.edu/faculty/documents/faculty/faculty-responsibilities.pdf__;!!PvXuogZ4sRB2p-tU!X9rX13K0CtqfgWVy1BjZBkbUGdzfOha3n8Ye-Vkt3pZo7Sl8DZcs4trA9ghZDxZVkzHhzi7rBA$

Emory University is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action
employer. Women, minorities, people with disabilities and veterans are
strongly encouraged to apply.