Non-NU Email

The Haydn Society of North America (HSNA) is pleased to announce that 2021
marks the beginning of the second decade of the award-winning *HAYDN:
Online Journal of the Haydn Society of North America*. This hallmark in our
online publication coincides with an exciting move into a non-subscription,
open-access platform, Berklee's Research Media and Information Exchange
(REMIX), published by Berklee Library and administered by Berklee Archives
and Special Collections: remix.berklee.edu/haydn-journal. When you visit
our new publication site, you will discover that while the accessibility,
format, and structure of the publication have changed, we continue to seek
out and publish the best current research regarding the music and life of
Joseph Haydn and his contemporaries, following the editorial and
peer-reviewed rigor that has led to our success as a scholarly publication.
Our new platform is particularly convenient and useful given the current
need to base so much of our teaching and research activity on online
resources. We also continue to make available the materials from our first
decade, including nearly one hundred articles, reviews, translations, and
other documents, and invite you to explore these items, especially the
recent themed collections on Haydn’s vocal music (Volume 9, no. 2) and the
use of Haydn in the music theory classroom (Volume 10, no. 2) as well as
other themed issues on Haydn’s quartets and Jens Peter Larsen.

HSNA encourages submissions to *HAYDN*, particularly scholarship that
addresses musicological, performance, and pedagogical matters, using our
new Submission page. While we will continue to organize materials in a
yearly-volume structure (2021 is Volume 11), items will now be published on
a rolling basis rather than bi-annually. We would also like to cultivate
scholarly interaction by soliciting groups of scholars to propose
multi-authored sets of items addressing various approaches to a single
topic that could constitute a yearly volume. Please contact editorial
director Michael Ruhling (michael.ruhling -at- rit.edu) with any questions.
We look forward to continuing to serve the musical and scholarly community
with our peer-reviewed, award-winning journal, and are grateful to REMIX
and the Berklee Library Archives and Special Collections for offering it
through its easily accessible and user-friendly platform.
—

Michael E. Ruhling, PhD
Professor, Performing Arts, College of Liberal Arts, Rochester Institute of
Technology
https://urldefense.com/v3/__http://www.haydnsocietyna.org__;!!PvXuogZ4sRB2p-tU!Q56Nm1R0rKSQwP5OatQgCdOjbfmsKuFO7Zb6syI6jfXHOc2YX3a2EfhLnZ0XQUaC2U-_1h7uVA$