Non-NU Email
The Haydn Society of North America (HSNA) is pleased to announce that 2021 marks the beginning of the second decade of the award-winning HAYDN: Online Journal of the Haydn Society of North America. This hallmark in our online publication coincides with an exciting move into a non-subscription, open-access platform, Berklee's Research Media and Information Exchange (REMIX), published by Berklee Library and administered by Berklee Archives and Special Collections: remix.berklee.edu/haydn-journal. When you visit our new publication site, you will discover that while the accessibility, format, and structure of the publication have changed, we continue to seek out and publish the best current research regarding the music and life of Joseph Haydn and his contemporaries, following the editorial and peer-reviewed rigor that has led to our success as a scholarly publication. Our new platform is particularly convenient and useful given the current need to base so much of our teaching and research activity on online resources. We also continue to make available the materials from our first decade, including nearly one hundred articles, reviews, translations, and other documents, and invite you to explore these items, especially the recent themed collections on Haydn’s vocal music (Volume 9, no. 2) and the use of Haydn in the music theory classroom (Volume 10, no. 2) as well as other themed issues on Haydn’s quartets and Jens Peter Larsen.

HSNA encourages submissions to HAYDN, particularly scholarship that addresses musicological, performance, and pedagogical matters, using our new Submission page. While we will continue to organize materials in a yearly-volume structure (2021 is Volume 11), items will now be published on a rolling basis rather than bi-annually. We would also like to cultivate scholarly interaction by soliciting groups of scholars to propose multi-authored sets of items addressing various approaches to a single topic that could constitute a yearly volume. Please contact editorial director Michael Ruhling (michael.ruhling -at- rit.edu) with any questions. We look forward to continuing to serve the musical and scholarly community with our peer-reviewed, award-winning journal, and are grateful to REMIX and the Berklee Library Archives and Special Collections for offering it through its easily accessible and user-friendly platform.

Michael E. Ruhling, PhD
Professor, Performing Arts, College of Liberal Arts, Rochester Institute of Technology
www.haydnsocietyna.org