Non-NU Email

Call for papers
Annual Meeting of the Society for Christian Scholarship in Music
Deadline for proposals, October 1, 2021

Conference dates: March 3–5, 2022
Conference website: https://urldefense.com/v3/__http://www.scsmusic.org__;!!PvXuogZ4sRB2p-tU!X4xfcsVhnHLBHSH01DNhTIAHdmR_moana7t8IAlo1mOVdNdpqm_M0fLic5fHf6e_ZEgI3F3EwA$
Conference venue: Mercer University, Macon, Georgia

Individual papers, research posters, panels, and lecture recitals on any
topic related to music and the study of Christianity are welcome. We invite
submissions representing a variety of approaches and perspectives,
including ethnomusicology, historical musicology, theory and analysis,
philosophy, theology, liturgy, congregational music, as well as other
methodologies.

SCSM encourages submissions from current graduate students. A $250 prize
will be awarded for the best paper presented by a graduate student at the
2022 meeting.

Please visit the conference website for proposal details. Please send
submissions or questions to Marcell Steuernagel, program committee chair,
at scsm2022 -at- gmail.com.

Note: We are planning on an in-person meeting, with the possibility of
limited online offerings. When submitting a proposal, please indicate
whether you intend to present in person or via online. If circumstances
related to the COVID-19 pandemic require it, we will transition to a fully
online format. Regardless, all conference participants need to be available
during the days of the conference for synchronous sessions.