Non-NU Email
Call for papers
Annual Meeting of the Society for Christian Scholarship in Music
Deadline for proposals, October 1, 2021

Conference dates: March 3–5, 2022
Conference website: www.scsmusic.org
Conference venue: Mercer University, Macon, Georgia

Individual papers, research posters, panels, and lecture recitals on any topic related to music and the study of Christianity are welcome. We invite submissions representing a variety of approaches and perspectives, including ethnomusicology, historical musicology, theory and analysis, philosophy, theology, liturgy, congregational music, as well as other methodologies.

SCSM encourages submissions from current graduate students. A $250 prize will be awarded for the best paper presented by a graduate student at the 2022 meeting.

Please visit the conference website for proposal details. Please send submissions or questions to Marcell Steuernagel, program committee chair, at scsm2022 -at- gmail.com.

Note: We are planning on an in-person meeting, with the possibility of limited online offerings. When submitting a proposal, please indicate whether you intend to present in person or via online. If circumstances related to the COVID-19 pandemic require it, we will transition to a fully online format. Regardless, all conference participants need to be available during the days of the conference for synchronous sessions.