Non-NU Email
The Department of Music at Hamilton College invites applications for a tenure-track appointment at the rank of Assistant Professor beginning July 1, 2022. We seek candidates to teach music theory, the history of Western art music, with an emphasis on the period from 1700-1950, and additional areas to further broaden the department’s current offerings. We seek applicants who can demonstrate their experience in teaching or working with diverse student populations. The teaching load for this position is four courses during the first year and five courses thereafter, including music theory, music history, an introductory listening course that encompasses a diverse range of musics and approaches, and electives open to both majors and non-majors. The position requires institutional service including academic advising of undergraduate students after the first year.

Candidates with ABD will be considered; although candidates with a Ph.D. are preferred. A completed doctorate is required by the start of employment. The strongest candidates will have evidence of college teaching experience and an established scholarly record.

The Music Department, consisting of six full-time faculty members and twenty-six lecturers in music performance, has a strong tradition of excellence in teaching and research. For additional information, please visit our websites at https://my.hamilton.edu/academics/departments/Home?dept=Music and https://academics.hamilton.edu/music.

To apply please submit the following to Interfolio at http://apply.interfolio.com/95310
1) letter of application, including a section that addresses the ways in which you would further the College’s goal of building a diverse and inclusive educational environment
2) curriculum vitae
3) sample syllabi and other evidence of college teaching experience
4) examples of scholarship
5) three names of potential references

Questions regarding the search may be directed to Lydia Hamessley, Search Committee Chair, at lhamessl -at- hamilton.edu. Review of applications will begin on October 18, 2021.

Hamilton College (www.hamilton.edu) is a highly selective residential liberal arts college located in upstate New York.  Hamilton College is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer and is committed to diversity in all areas of the campus community. Hamilton provides domestic partner benefits. Candidates from underrepresented groups in higher education are especially encouraged to apply.