Print

Print


Non-NU Email

Downsizing without moving is perfect. We’ll have eliminated a lot of possessions only to still have too much for the new house. 

We’re moving to Portland, where I grew up and where my family is. I’ll be 1.5 miles from my parents, 3 miles from downtown, and a short walk to a tidal river and marsh. I took classes at MECA-then PSA-and now the awkward MECA&D-summers I was home from college. My father taught film study and English there for many years. I’m excited to live near an art school and university again. 

Best,
Gretchen 

_______________
Gretchen Kai Halpert
Illustrator/Educator
Scientific Illustration Distance Program 
https://urldefense.com/v3/__http://www.gretchenhalpert.com__;!!PvXuogZ4sRB2p-tU!Q3ixNLXfp6kgZiDZgQe9Bz2PmvZPCwimkKvkfqqHD0fLaEzq5wS97FY-X64ApJtggapxpvU$ 
https://urldefense.com/v3/__http://www.gretchenhalpert-distanceprogram.com__;!!PvXuogZ4sRB2p-tU!Q3ixNLXfp6kgZiDZgQe9Bz2PmvZPCwimkKvkfqqHD0fLaEzq5wS97FY-X64ApJtgX6_sy4g$ 


> On Sep 22, 2021, at 8:58 PM, Dorie Petrochko <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
> 
> 
> Non-NU Email
> Yes downsizing- are you moving to Portland or the outskirts. I am envious. My daughter went to Maine College of Art
> and we have fond memories of being up there and often thought of moving to Maine.
> 
> Dorie
> Dorie Petrochko
> Senior Instructor-Natural Science Illustration Program
> Yale Peabody Museum of Natural History
> 170 Whitney Avenue
> New Haven, CT 06511
> https://urldefense.com/v3/__http://www.peabody.yale.edu/education__;!!PvXuogZ4sRB2p-tU!Q3ixNLXfp6kgZiDZgQe9Bz2PmvZPCwimkKvkfqqHD0fLaEzq5wS97FY-X64ApJtgI6uVODI$ 
> https://urldefense.com/v3/__http://www.dpetrochko-art.com__;!!PvXuogZ4sRB2p-tU!Q3ixNLXfp6kgZiDZgQe9Bz2PmvZPCwimkKvkfqqHD0fLaEzq5wS97FY-X64ApJtgC-q6O1U$ 
> 203-507-0356
> 
>     
> Courses | Education : Yale Peabody ...      
>    
> 
> 
> 
> 
> 
>> On Wed, Sep 22, 2021 at 6:12 PM Gretchen Halpert <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>> Non-NU Email
>> Hi Dorie,
>> 
>> Thanks for your note. Are you moving as well? Or simply downsizing your stuff, not that that’s easy either.
>> 
>> Gretchen
>> 
>> On Aug 29, 2021, at 4:06 PM, Dorie Petrochko <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>> 
>> Non-NU Email
>> Hi Gretchen,
>> 
>> I know how hard it is to part with stuff like that.  
>> Good luck with the move!  And good luck finding homes for the newsletters! I’m downsizing too!
>> 
>> Dorie
>> 
>> Dorie Petrochko
>> Senior Instructor-Natural Science Illustration Program
>> Yale Peabody Museum of Natural History
>> 170 Whitney Avenue
>> New Haven, CT 06511
>> https://urldefense.com/v3/__http://www.peabody.yale.edu/education__;!!PvXuogZ4sRB2p-tU!Q3ixNLXfp6kgZiDZgQe9Bz2PmvZPCwimkKvkfqqHD0fLaEzq5wS97FY-X64ApJtgI6uVODI$ 
>> https://urldefense.com/v3/__http://www.dpetrochko-art.com__;!!PvXuogZ4sRB2p-tU!Q3ixNLXfp6kgZiDZgQe9Bz2PmvZPCwimkKvkfqqHD0fLaEzq5wS97FY-X64ApJtgC-q6O1U$ 
>> 203-507-0356
>> 
>>     
>> Courses | Education : Yale Peabody ...      
>>    
>> 
>> 
>> 
>> 
>> 
>>> On Sun, Aug 29, 2021 at 10:34 AM Gretchen Halpert <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>>> Non-NU Email
>>> 
>>> Hi Everyone,
>>> 
>>> Is anyone interested in old GNSI Newsletters? I’ve kept every issue since 1988, and have some since 1984. I am moving and they don’t want to go with me.
>>> 
>>> I used to share them with my RISD/CE students, and everywhere I taught, to introduce students to the Guild, plus kept them for the articles and history. 
>>> 
>>> I’m keeping the Journals. 
>>> 
>>> Let me know if they would like a new home. 
>>> 
>>> Wishing happy and healthy days to you all. 
>>> 
>>> Gretchen 
>>> _______________
>>> Gretchen Kai Halpert
>>> Illustrator/Educator
>>> Scientific Illustration Distance Program 
>>> https://urldefense.com/v3/__http://www.gretchenhalpert.com__;!!PvXuogZ4sRB2p-tU!Qdu1UwhHlppS8IYFTEEs4in0NKgV57BkOv7LQ2onPb87rNtSp-dz24oKE6qIypx2z5mWyxI$ 
>>> https://urldefense.com/v3/__http://www.gretchenhalpert-distanceprogram.com__;!!PvXuogZ4sRB2p-tU!Qdu1UwhHlppS8IYFTEEs4in0NKgV57BkOv7LQ2onPb87rNtSp-dz24oKE6qIypx2u4oPluA$ 
>>> 
>>> Instructions to subscribe or leave the list are at https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://www.gnsi.org/listserv__;!!PvXuogZ4sRB2p-tU!Q3ixNLXfp6kgZiDZgQe9Bz2PmvZPCwimkKvkfqqHD0fLaEzq5wS97FY-X64ApJtgxNqZqv0$ 
>>> 
>>> List name is Sciart-L
>>> 
>>> Problems: Email Lana Johnson at [log in to unmask]
>> -- 
>> Dorie Petrochko
>> Senior Instructor-Natural Science Illustration Program
>> Yale Peabody Museum of Natural History
>> 170 Whitney Avenue
>> New Haven, CT 06511
>> https://urldefense.com/v3/__http://www.peabody.yale.edu/education__;!!PvXuogZ4sRB2p-tU!Q3ixNLXfp6kgZiDZgQe9Bz2PmvZPCwimkKvkfqqHD0fLaEzq5wS97FY-X64ApJtgI6uVODI$ 
>> https://urldefense.com/v3/__http://www.dpetrochko-art.com__;!!PvXuogZ4sRB2p-tU!Q3ixNLXfp6kgZiDZgQe9Bz2PmvZPCwimkKvkfqqHD0fLaEzq5wS97FY-X64ApJtgC-q6O1U$ 
>> 203-507-0356
>> 
>>     
>> Courses | Education : Yale Peabody ...      
>>    
>> 
>> 
>> 
>> ________________________________________________
>> 
>> Need to leave or subscribe to the Sciart-L listserv? Follow the instructions at 
>> https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://www.gnsi.org/listservList__;!!PvXuogZ4sRB2p-tU!Q3ixNLXfp6kgZiDZgQe9Bz2PmvZPCwimkKvkfqqHD0fLaEzq5wS97FY-X64ApJtglJYJyvs$  name is Sciart-L
>> Problems: Email Lana Johnson at [log in to unmask]
>> 
>> 
>> ________________________________________________
>> 
>> Need to leave or subscribe to the Sciart-L listserv? Follow the instructions at 
>> https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://www.gnsi.org/listservList__;!!PvXuogZ4sRB2p-tU!Q3ixNLXfp6kgZiDZgQe9Bz2PmvZPCwimkKvkfqqHD0fLaEzq5wS97FY-X64ApJtglJYJyvs$  name is Sciart-L
>> Problems: Email Lana Johnson at [log in to unmask]
>> 
> 
> ________________________________________________
> 
> Need to leave or subscribe to the Sciart-L listserv? Follow the instructions at 
> https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://www.gnsi.org/listservList__;!!PvXuogZ4sRB2p-tU!Q3ixNLXfp6kgZiDZgQe9Bz2PmvZPCwimkKvkfqqHD0fLaEzq5wS97FY-X64ApJtglJYJyvs$  name is Sciart-L
> Problems: Email Lana Johnson at [log in to unmask]

Instructions to subscribe or leave the list are at https://www.gnsi.org/listserv

List name is Sciart-L

Problems: Email Lana Johnson at [log in to unmask]