Non-NU Email

Sharing in case it's of interest to anyone....

There are a few other qualifications that we would view as incredibly helpful in this role, including:

These positions are filled through an annual call for applications that is publicized widely. Appointments to these temporary positions are for periods of six months to one year. Although the timing can be flexible, appointments that start with the Cornell academic cycle in the fall are often preferred. Owing to the teaching opportunities and other collaborative activities, the ability to work on-site at the Cornell Lab is required.

Visa Sponsorship is not available for this position.

How to Apply:

Application deadline is October 4, 2021.

You must submit both a resume/CV and a cover letter in which you describe your relevant background and your reasons for being interested in our scientific illustration program. Your application must also include submission of a portfolio of 6-8 image illustration samples that demonstrates experience and skill in the illustration of wildlife and natural subjects including birds. It’s recommended to combine all files into one PDF file when uploading. You can upload documents either by “dragging and dropping” them into the dropbox or by using the “upload” icon on the application page. If you experience technical issues or need assistance uploading your files, you may contact Denise Smith Colon, [log in to unmask] or the program coordinator, Jillian Ditner, [log in to unmask] .

For more detailed instructions on how to apply to a job at Cornell, visit How We Hire on the HR website. If you are an internal employee, please log in to Workday .

Cornell University is an innovative Ivy League university and a great place to work. Our inclusive community of scholars, students, and staff impart an uncommon sense of larger purpose and contribute creative ideas to further the university's mission of teaching, discovery, and engagement.

Diversity and Inclusion are a part of Cornell University’s heritage. We are a recognized employer and educator valuing AA/EEO, Protected Veterans, and Individuals with Disabilities. We also recognize a lawful preference in employment practices for Native Americans living on or near Indian reservations.

Job Title:

Temporary Publication/Media Assistant

Level:

No Grade - Hourly

Pay Rate Type:

Hourly

Company:

Contact Name:

Denise Smith

Number of Openings:

2

Cornell Cooperative Extension is a collaboration among Cornell University, the United States Department of Agriculture, the State of New York, and the residents of New York State. Per NYS Law, county and regional extension service associations are subordinate government agencies. This employment opportunity is with the entities listed and not with Cornell University.

Cornell Cooperative Extension is an employer and educator recognized for valuing AA/EEO, Protected Veterans, and Individuals with Disabilities. Individuals who bring a diverse perspective and are supportive of diversity are strongly encouraged to apply.

Notice to Applicants: Please read the required Notice to Applicants statement . This notice contains important information about applying for a position at Cornell Cooperative Extension as well as some of your rights and responsibilities as an applicant.