Non-NU Email

Dear Afeefolks,

My new Economic Principles book is currently being printed, and will be
available for spring classes. You will find that, although the structure is
similar to standard mainstream texts, the book is pluralistic throughout.
It offers heterodox and mainstream approaches to all major
topics, including micro, macro and the history of economic ideas. This
includes chapters on Marx and Veblen, mainstream and heterodox theories of
the firm, material on heterodox macro (Post-Keynesian, MMT, Marxian)
alongside New Keynesian and supply-side approaches, and so on.

I have worked very hard to make the material easily accessible to
introductory students. This includes going very carefully through economic
models, such as how graphs work and the assumptions behind them. The book
focuses extensively on policy debates, offering heterodox, mainstream (New
Keynesian) and laissez-faire perspectives on the minimum wage, fiscal
policy and government debt, monetary policy, trade and protectionism, the
environment, inequality, public goods, and other issues.

I also have PowerPoint lectures, classroom exercises, and lots of problem
sets and answer keys available that I will share with anyone who is
interested. I've been teaching with this material for a number of years and
have amassed lots of supplements in the process.

For more information and to request an examination copy, go to
https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://www.routledge.com/Economic-Principles-and-Problems-A-Pluralist-Introduction/Schneider/p/book/9781138640009__;!!PvXuogZ4sRB2p-tU!QXxr1nYSzRYa8p_FmRLzf3X8uE14n9BwzPgLnSPAygwmlwjQRoTpqLnbIcKY65WKMAwWoA$
.

Best,
Geoff Schneider

Geoff Schneider <[log in to unmask]>
Presidential Professor and Co-Chair of Economics at Bucknell University
Executive Director, ICAPE <https://urldefense.com/v3/__http://www.icape.org/__;!!PvXuogZ4sRB2p-tU!QXxr1nYSzRYa8p_FmRLzf3X8uE14n9BwzPgLnSPAygwmlwjQRoTpqLnbIcKY65WZwRTUKQ$ >
Office: 128 Academic West       Phone: 570-577-1666
Mailing Address: 1 Dent Drive, Lewisburg, PA 17837
Economic Principles and Problems (2021)
<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://www.routledge.com/Economic-Principles-and-Problems-A-Pluralistic-Introduction/Schneider/p/book/9781138640009__;!!PvXuogZ4sRB2p-tU!QXxr1nYSzRYa8p_FmRLzf3X8uE14n9BwzPgLnSPAygwmlwjQRoTpqLnbIcKY65X4gVuaXA$ >
Microeconomic Principles and Problems (2019)
<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://www.routledge.com/Microeconomic-Principles-and-Problems-A-Pluralist-Introduction-1st-Edition/Schneider/p/book/9780367024871__;!!PvXuogZ4sRB2p-tU!QXxr1nYSzRYa8p_FmRLzf3X8uE14n9BwzPgLnSPAygwmlwjQRoTpqLnbIcKY65UXvoBbbQ$ >
Evolution of Economic Ideas and Systems (2018)
<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://www.routledge.com/The-Evolution-of-Economic-Ideas-and-Systems-A-Pluralist-Introduction/Schneider/p/book/9780367024772__;!!PvXuogZ4sRB2p-tU!QXxr1nYSzRYa8p_FmRLzf3X8uE14n9BwzPgLnSPAygwmlwjQRoTpqLnbIcKY65VjEApEJg$ >