Non-NU Email
Hi everyone,

I am interested in printing barcode labels for EtOH specimens, which will also be stored in a freezer long-term.

My lab uses a Canon laser printer to print barcodes and other labels on label paper with resistall. From what we have heard, it seems like carbon-based inks work for ethanol storage. Unfortunately, we have not been able to confirm what type of ink our printer has, but it may be a plastic-based ink.

If you have any suggestions or experiences with barcode labels in EtOH/freezer collections that you can share, please let me know. Any recommendations for best practices and materials to use would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance,
Shelby

Shelby K. Kilpatrick
Ph.D. Candidate