Non-NU Email

Dear ECN Membership,

*Please vote! *An email was sent today around 10am PST/1pm EST from
Election Buddy, please check your inboxes (maybe SPAM) and take a moment to
vote for your next board officers.

*Registration *for the ECN annual conference remains open - visit our
webpage <https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://ecnweb.net/ecn2021/registration/__;!!PvXuogZ4sRB2p-tU!R0ENVPOE0f390XiodWnf_O2noQAWr_gdigO_9qKE9HkXlEBpc-cGyKTlwMvPWSUCLPNe$ > or Eventbrite
<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://www.eventbrite.com/e/2021-ecn-virtual-meeting-tickets-161254477483__;!!PvXuogZ4sRB2p-tU!R0ENVPOE0f390XiodWnf_O2noQAWr_gdigO_9qKE9HkXlEBpc-cGyKTlwMvPWZJZyHV-$ > to
register today. The meeting will be *Monday** 25th—Wednesday 27th October
2021.*

The conference will feature four exciting symposia, with live Q&As with
presenters following talks, a session with quick talks supplementing
virtual posters, and more. Our program schedule will be released very
shortly with a planned start time around 4PM (UTC)/11AM (EST)/8AM (PST). The
symposia included are:

   - *Entomological Collections of the World*, *brief virtual collection
   tours*: organized by Nicole Gunter ([log in to unmask])
   - *General Member Submissions*: organized by Oliver Keller and Karen
   Wright ([log in to unmask])
   - *Mass-digitization of insect collections to support research: State of
   the art and challenges*: organized by Hannu Saarenmaa ([log in to unmask]),
   Erica Krimmel ([log in to unmask]), and Deborah Paul ([log in to unmask])

   - *From the cabinet to the people*: organized by Alyssa DeWaele (
   [log in to unmask]) and Jennifer Girón ([log in to unmask])

Submissions have now closed. Thank you to all our speakers who have offered
talks, if you have any queries relating to your submissions please contact
our Program Co-Chairs, Karen Wright and Oliver Keller ([log in to unmask]).

*Cost: *Registration fees for the virtual meeting are priced at $20 USD for
regular members and $5 USD for students. A third category professional/
sustaining members are for those who wish to contribute additional support
to ECN, and we always welcome tax-deductible donations. This year we are
offering our friends at EntoPOC <https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://www.entopoc.org/__;!!PvXuogZ4sRB2p-tU!R0ENVPOE0f390XiodWnf_O2noQAWr_gdigO_9qKE9HkXlEBpc-cGyKTlwMvPWTjebmy4$ > free
registration, as well as a donation of 10% of the proceeds from this meeting
. For information on group pricing, or if you do not have the budget to
support attendance, please don't hesitate to contact ECN President Chris
Grinter ([log in to unmask]).

*ECN 2020 Recordings*: videos from last year's conference are finally
online. You can watch symposia via YouTube
<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://ecnweb.net/ecn2021/meeting/past-programs/ecn2020/virtual-program/__;!!PvXuogZ4sRB2p-tU!R0ENVPOE0f390XiodWnf_O2noQAWr_gdigO_9qKE9HkXlEBpc-cGyKTlwMvPWRxRg3m8$ >.

Thank you for your continued support and we look forward to seeing you all
virtually.
-ECN Officers