Non-NU Email

I think I actually own two external CD/DVD read/write devices (both cost less than $100).  I bring them out about once a year these days.  I no longer write DVDs, it is a real pain to plan for that. Right now I back things up on a RAID drive on my household network and then periodically back that up to an external hard drive.

Britt

From: SciArt-L Discussion List-for Natural Science Illustration- <[log in to unmask]> on behalf of Amanda Zimmerman <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Wednesday, November 10, 2021 at 8:07 AM
To: "[log in to unmask]" <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: [EXTERNAL] Re: [SCIART] Advice on Mac purchase

Non-NU Email

Elizabeth- yes. I have been noting down the ports and compatibility. Specifically, for my big monitor I'd potentially be hooking up to the new laptop (if I go that route) from time to time. I knew about the CD/DVD issue for some time and was one of the primary reasons I've been delaying this change. Luckily I still have my desktop Mac (for awhile) that is mostly my workstation with scanner, DVD reader and printer etc

Brit, thanks for the adapter info too. I am leaning towards replacing the laptop first since its the one actually starting to fail and then that should give me enough time to upgrade printer etc...