Non-NU Email
Hi Gail,

I wouldn’t expect a problem. Designer exports to a standard variety of formats including PSD, PDF, and EPS.

These formats originate with Adobe and are industry standards.

Full disclosure, I’m retired and haven’t had to send anything to an offset printer in years. However a quick Google search hasn’t turned up much in the way of complaints on that score. I would expect rafts of outrage if it were a problem, but who knows...

Conversely, I so far haven’t had any trouble importing Adobe files into Affinity, including a .AI file I just now opened.

Affinity Designer is perhaps a bit behind Affinity Photo as an Adobe replacement. Until recently you couldn’t select vectors globally by property (color, etc.) which was a huge annoyance, especially for maps and complex designs. That feature is available now and seems to be working OK.

Other than that, for me the main caveat, already mentioned, was the switch in philosophy regarding user interface,

  Regards,
  - Art -