Non-NU Email

I’m doing a project with some students on Trogossitidae, Bark-gnawing
beetles, of South Carolina. There are two associated with stored grain,
Tenebroides mauritanicus (Cadelle), and Lophocateres pusillus (Siamese
Grain Beetle) (yes, I know it’s not a proper trog anymore). We have a few
specimens of the Cadelle from SC, but none of Lophocateres pusillus. I
can't find a record of it in the state, but it could be here.

Does anyone know about the status of these guys? Are they still ravaging
storehouses? Have they been vanquished? Anyone with a colony want to donate
some specimens (especially Lophocateres pusillus)?

Thanks for any help,

Mike

--
Michael L. Ferro
Dept. of Plant and Environmental Sciences